From the winemaker:
The 2013 Stemmler Chardonnay is pale straw in color, with just a touch of gold. It shows aromas of apple, pear, orange blossom, and a hint of tropical fruit, perhaps kiwi or papaya. The palate is medium bodied, with white peach, green apple, and mango carrying through on the crisp, lively finish.
Our Chardonnay is sourced from our Estate vineyard, as well as three neighboring vineyards in the cool Carneros region. The bulk of the blend (60%) is fermented in stainless steel, which preserves freshness and fruit, and gives the wine lift. The remaining 40% of the blend is fermented in French oak (10% new), which gives roundness and richness to the mouthfeel, while also building texture from greater lees contact. Primary
fermentation is kept cold to preserve flavor, and malolactic fermentation is prevented to preserve the natural acidity of the grapes. The barrel fermented portion of the blend ages in barrel for about 6 months, after which time the blend is assembled in tank and given time to marry, with bottling about 10 months after harvest.
Wine & Spirits 92 Points First produced by the Wetzel family in 1978, Sin Zin now comes from vineyards throughout Alexander Valley, from the valley floor to the benchlands and...
$ 6.49 $ 9.99
Hand harvested Central Coast fruit (primarily Grenache) provides fantastic strawberry, watermellon, guava, mint and rosebud. While plenty ripe, the vibrant acidity keeps things nice and fresh making this the perfect...
Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar 90 Points Bright red. Spicy dark berries and cola on the deeply scented nose. Plush and appealingly sweet, offering juicy blackberry and peppery spice flavors...